Saturday 19 March 2011

Cabochons - Day 11

Yesterday's batch which came out of the kiln this morning:


Day 11 - overview
Day 11 - overview


Quite a few nice ones in this lot again - closeups of my favourites below :)




Day 11 - Blue with orange and white dotties :)
Day 11 - Blue with orange and white dotties :)


This was a full bead before it was slumped but a couple of the raised dots had broken off (I dropped it on a tiled floor - tch!).




Day 11 - another donut
Day 11 - another donut


Another damaged donut made into a lovely flat-backed piece ready to be hung from a fancy donut bail or straight onto a leather or satin cord :)





Day 11 - that's a nice pair of cabs, missus ;)
Day 11 - that\'s a nice pair of cabs, missus ;)


I really like these - I'll have to have a hunt through my bead photo diary to see if I can remember exactly which glass I used here! You know... at this rate I'm going to start wishing for broken beads :D





Day 11 - interesting rainbow cab-type-thing
Day 11 - interesting rainbow cab-type-thing


I have to do more with this bead - it definitely needs something in that big white blank middle! Maybe a dot of glass and another fire... maybe a bit of enamel painting... will ponder this some more...




Day 11 - teeny tiny cab pair
Day 11 - teeny tiny cab pair


These are really delicate as they're quite small - just a little over 1cm tall. They'll make a lovely pair of earrings :)


And that's it for today :) If you want to see closer pics of any of the others, let me know...





2 comments:

Pat from Canvey said...

Just an idea for the middle of the rainbow bead. Make a small bead or tiny cab and sit in the white space and refuse. I love the red, white and blue bead but the slimped donut looks fabulous.

jane said...

Thanks Pat - the slumped donuts really took me by surprise! I don't know how I thought they'd turn out.

Yes, that's a good idea for the middle of the rainbow cab - I'd begun to think along those lines myself. It's difficult to know exactly what to put in the middle because I don't want to detract from the lovely edges. I think it's a case of wait a while until exactly the right thing presents itself...